In January, one of my clients sent me a list of her 25 reasons for losing 25 pounds. She’s now 12 pounds from goal and on course to experience ALL of her 25 reasons.
25 Reasons to Lose 25 Pounds
1. It’s done, and I can move on to maintenance.
2. Be healthier and reduce my chance of disease, especially diabetes
3. To be really fit on the inside and outside and push my exercise past what I thought was possible
4. To be an example/motivation for other people who struggle with their weight
5. To be one of RC’s stars
6. To really live in my true power and not hold back
7. To buy lots of great clothes and not worry about my weight
8. To have an awesome sense of victory and accomplishment
9. To be able to do more athletic events
10. To be at full physical capacity for dancing
11. To know I look the best I can
12. To look like the real me — not chubby
13. To learn/be inspired by fit and healthy people who stick to their meal plans
14. To learn and apply the discipline of sticking to the plan and not slacking off
15. To wear a bikini
16. To heal
17. To show that I really, truly care for my body in the best possible way
18. To make more money and have tremendous career opportunities
19. To be confident while choreographing and teaching other people dance
20. To feel confident while singing
21. To do what I set out to do and achieve the once-impossible dream
22. To be able to learn and perform dance again
23. To allow others to share in my success and be proud of me
24. To feel intelligent
25. To seek happiness and not fake it over the fat
Sacrifice to make sacred…
No matter what the number, I encourage you to make your own list. Don’t overthink it — just go with your gut. There are no wrong reasons, only your reasons. Then post it on your refrigerator, carry it in your purse or wallet, or frame it. Just make sure it’s in a place where you can see it because human beings have very short memories when it comes to fat loss and fitness goals.
You can do it. Go for it.